Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

This is an iPad. I am trying to put an existing gmail

Customer Question
This is an iPad...

This is an iPad. I am trying to put an existing gmail account on a second iPad as my husband and I share the same email acct and each have an iPad. When I try to sign in with our email address to set up on the second iPad gmail says the user name is ***** ***** Help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not long ago. We each have a different password ***** Apple ID.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Setting what.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Ok
Can you just tell me how to do it.

Even though I wouldn't recommend using the same exact email account for several reasons but if you would like to anyways, do you use the actual Gmail app from the app store on the iPad or do you use the regular default iPad mail app that comes with the iPad? I'm not saying you have to use the Gmail app but whichever mail app you are using try the other and see if you still can't log in.

What could be happening is that both of you may be signing in close to the same exact time which could trigger googles built-in security which would then deny access? This is just a thought, not an actual cause of whats happening with your account.

Are you there
Thank you
I am here. Were you able to get into your mail ?