Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Forgotten my Password to my Ipad. Yesterday. No don't know…

Customer Question
Forgotten my Password *****...

Forgotten my Password ***** my Ipad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No don't know how

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't have a computer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

Pass code not password

Thanks. If you've forgotten the passcode then you must reset and restore the iPad. You will need a computer for this procedure, unfortunately. If you can not borrow time on one from a friend then an Apple authorized service center would need to do it for you.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Don't have a computer so can't do this , also not paying $39 for remote access when you can't do it.

Please note that one of the first things I told you was: If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

It's an automated offer I have no control over.

You will need a computer for this procedure, unfortunately. We are at Apple's mercy here and there is no way around that. If you can not borrow time on one from a friend then an Apple authorized service center would need to do it for you.

You haven't helped me at all !

I have provided a solution. I understand that you don't have a computer and that may be frustrating but there is only one way for an end user to resolve their issue when they have forgotten their passcode.

I have to pay $39 what about the $25 as you could not help me, I shouldn't have to pay for that !
It says $5 if you cannot get it fixed
Well what about it ?

I have not indicated anywhere that you have to pay extra and in fact suggested from the beginning that you not choose any extra services. I am not an employee of JustAnswer and do not have access to your account details to discuss financial concerns any further.

I am happy to assist you, however. I have already provided a solution that will fix the problem. I understand you do not have a computer but that is not my fault, as I'm sure you will agree.

According to my bank I have been charged $39 and $25 and $5 in total $69 ?
I have to pay $69 for nothing ?

You chose the option for secure remote after I said not to do so and an authorization was likely made. Since I will not be picking that request up as it would be useless here, the authorization will fall off after 24 hours.

Beyond that, you haven't received "nothing". I have already provided a solution that will fix the problem. I understand you do not have a computer but my answer is correct.

You can access http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for account help or contact customer service directly via***@******.*** with any further financial concerns.

Thanks,