Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It says it requires activation and that it may take a few…

Customer Question
It says it requires...

It says it requires activation and that it may take a few minutes, and then it won’t. It is not new. I have had it a few years.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

It is the first ipad, whatevet that is, updated operating system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

A week or two. The message is the activation server is temporarily unavailable and try connecting to itunes to activate it. I don’t see how.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all I know.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/28/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To fix this issue, you will need a windows pc or a mac with itunes installed on it. If needed, I can connect to your mac or pc and do these steps for you. Basically, what you need to do is connect the ipad to the computer, start itunes, then restart the ipad in recovery mode and update it again.

This page will guide you through the process.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-activate-old-ipad-after-update-3638936/

If you get stuck or run into any issues, or want me to connect and do this for you, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.