Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased a new MacBook Pro about a month ago. My old

MacBook had a 500 GB...
I purchased a new MacBook Pro about a month ago. My old MacBook had a 500 GB hard drive with approximately 250 free when I stopped using it. My new MacBook also has 500 GB hard drive. After a scan I find that I have used approximately 85 GB of hard drive on my new MacBook. However, it tells me I am running out of space and shows only 5 GB free before I freed up approximately 25 GB. Where is the remainder of my hard drive and how do I recover it?
3/27/2018
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

The configuration of the drive or your setup may be faulted.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Sure... no problem.

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

Jason Jones, Mac Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

You must run the application below on a computer. It will not work on any phone or tablet.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 31
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

You are using a Mac computer, so you need to do one more thing to run the remote application.

Please, do the following after you attempt to run the program from above.
- Click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab
- Click the "Open Anyways" button and run the program.

Once that is done, the remote application will open.

Please, do the following:
- Click System Preferences
- Click the "Security & Privacy" icon.
- Click the "General" tab

I lost connection. Please, run the remote application again.

Thank you

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason