Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

After having my Ipad for over 5 years, all of a sudden it…

After having my Ipad...

After having my Ipad for over 5 years, all of a sudden it shut down and I cannot activate it. I tried what I thought was my user name and password, but they do not work. Help.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember changing it at all.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am a computer nerd. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just want my Ipad back.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the iCloud ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available. Your icloud ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple.

My email address is***@******.***.

Do you have any windows computer? like Windows 10/8/7?

What does that mean? How much longer do I have to sit here?

If it is a windows computer, I will be taking care of this issue by taking a remote access using secure remote connect, which will fix the issue ASAP.

Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast
I do have windows, but I don't know which one. I think it is windows 10.

Let me take care of this issue by taking a secure remote access using secure remote connect. Now could you please click on the given below link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e42fd7f4-733f-447b-8e08-285fe8d885c2

Once on the site DO NOT close the Join Session Popup

Click Download App

Once Downloaded

Click Launch App

I have done with resetting your apple ID(*****@******.***). You're able to login with the appleid.apple.com but your iPad is asking for passcode and which you're not aware of that, I was force to reset and reconfigure the iPad. In activation lock screen the same apple ID password ***** ***** accepting. In this case Mac business support or Apple Account Security team over the phone at 1-***-***-**** /1-***-***-****. They are available from 7AM to 10PM CST 7 days a week. Please get back to us once after checking with them. Thank you for your patience.