Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an OS X Version 10.7.5 and would like to upgrade to…

Customer Question
I have an OS...

I have an OS X Version 10.7.5 and would like to upgrade to High Sierra via El Capitan but for some reason it's not downloading Capitan. I've tried a couple of times. The 1st time it said it was downloading but didn't after waiting 3/4 of an hour. Our incoming speed is 10Mbps so I know it might take longer. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

High Sierra via El Capitan. Can't load El Capitan.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I am aware of at this time.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Please click on the apple symbol and go to about this mac

Let me know what is written please... Your trying to upgrade from mount***** *****on which means you are running an older mac and some of them are not able to upgrade to high sierra OR even El Capitan....

After you let me know your computer specs I can tell you what the score is on that

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory 4 G 1333 MHz DDR3
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

To get OS X El Capitan, you only have to download it from the Mac App Store (it will show an error message if your Mac is not compatible)

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

The following Mac models will be able to install and run OS X El Capitan:

• MacBook Air: Late 2008 models (Model Identifier MacBookAir2,1) and newer.
  • MacBook: Late 2008 models (Model Identifier MacBook4,1) and newer.
  • MacBook Pro: Mid 2007 models (Model Identifier MacBookPro3,1) and newer.
  • iMac: Mid 2007 models (Model Identifier iMac7,1) and newer.
  • Mac mini: Early 2009 (Model Identifier Macmini3,1) and newer.
  • Mac Pro: Early 2008 (Model Identifier MacPro3,1) and newer.
  • Xserve: Early 2009 (Model Identifier Xserve3,1) and newer.

Which model mac do you have?

I'm waiting to hear from you regarding my request here. Are you still working on it?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Scroll up. I responded yesterday straight away

We had a communication problem. I thought you were going to do this remotely. So you want me to go and try to download El Capitan which I mentioned I have already tried twice and couldn't. So you want me to try again?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

I can login remotely, but if you are getting an error and you looked at my information above you will not be able to install an upgrade

Some models WILL NOT upgrade

I do not want to charge you an extra $40 to tell you that you cannot run the new software

That would be great for ME but I dont want to waste your money like that

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Look at my information above and you will determine if it is even possible

The communication needs to be clearer. I understand now what you wanted me to do but it wasn't clear in the beginning so I feel ripped off.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

The communication could not have been any clearer on my end... Literally nothing I could have said differently