Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchaed a new iPad in November and set a passcode. I have…

Customer Question
I purchaed a new...

I purchaed a new iPad in November and set a passcode. I have been in the hospital and can’t remember the passcode. What shall I do to recover and reset?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not changed it

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have not, can you help direct me?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No ma’m. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The only way to fix this issue is by doing reset on the iPad which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPad. Is it okay, If I go ahead a reset your iPad?

Do you have any windows computer?

I thought only $5 would correct this issue. I’m not paying additional dues.
I will take care of this issue myself.

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to. I am a user of the site just like you and I am not sure how much you paid for this service. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service for payment related question by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support or You can also reach them via Phone: 1-***-***-****