Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am a first time iPad user. Have never had any Apple

Customer Question
I am a first...

I am a first time iPad user. Have never had any Apple product before. In setting up my iPad 11 Air, I made an error, maybe went back to attempt to change something. I was told to enter my email which had already been done, and it would not accept the same one, saying it had alrady been taken. Of course I had used it. So I entered a different one. Now I will not be able to sync my different devices because I am using different emails. Can I change my email- Apple ID to be my original email? Please can you help me? Margaret

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

Not sure. Have not started syncing yet. Will try to find out.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

This morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot find version of iTunes on my iPad 11 Air.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

It sounds like you would like to change your Apple ID on your iPad, is this correct?

No, cannot afford another fee of $39. Thank you. Can you advise me how to fix problem?

That offer was sent automatically by the system. Please ignore it. I will put together the steps how to fix your problem and send you a reply shortly. Thanks

First you will have to sign out of the current Apple ID: Here are the steps for that:

Go to Settings > [your name].
Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
Enter your Apple ID password ***** tap Turn Off.
Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.
Tap Sign Out.
Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.

Next, you will have to sign in with the Apple ID you would like to use: Here are the steps for that:

Go to Settings.
Tap Sign in to your [device].
Enter your Apple ID and password.

Kindly perform the above steps and let me know how it goes. Thanks

Hey, Let me know how those steps went. Any questions feel free to message me.

First you will have to sign out of the current Apple ID: Here are the steps for that:Go to Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out.Enter your Apple ID password ***** tap Turn Off.Turn on the data that you want to keep a copy of on your device.Tap Sign Out.Tap Sign Out again to confirm that you want to sign out of iCloud.Next, you will have to sign in with the Apple ID you would like to use: Here are the steps for that:Go to Settings.Tap Sign in to your [device].Enter your Apple ID and password.