Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple ID is locked. I tried to follow the the directions…

Customer Question
My Apple ID is...

My Apple ID is locked. I tried to follow the the directions of answering security questions, change the password & then it would start all over again that it was still locked. PLEASE HELP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It has been several days. I tried 4 or 5 times got so frustrated. Quit & now I’m trying again when I decided to try to contact someone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes. I read what it said on this page

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 29 days ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. First is that if someone has tried to login to your Apple ID with too many incorrect passwords then Apple will disable it to protect the information of your account.

To enable it back, you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

If resetting the password *****'t work, then here comes the second reason which seems to be your case. If Apple has noticed any issues with your card or payment information like report of fraudulent charges, refunds etc they will disable the App Store part of your Apple ID. You will still be able to sign in to your Apple ID, change payment details, password ***** but you will not be able to purchase or download or update your apps. Because they limit the App store part of the ID.

So all you have to do is call Apple directly and ask them to reactivate the account. Only they can access the database and enable the account for you.

To contact iTunes Support, goto this link --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/

Click Get Help under Talk to Us. Click iTunes & Apple Music. Click iTunes Store.

Click Account Management. Click Apple ID has been disabled alert

Click Schedule a Call and they will call you. Then you will have to answer some security questions and they will enable the account within a few minutes.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Please don't open new questions. Please read the instructions correctly and do it correctly.

The problem is, If Apple has noticed any issues with your card or payment information like report of fraudulent charges, refunds etc they will disable the App Store part of your Apple ID. You will still be able to sign in to your Apple ID, change payment details, password ***** but you will not be able to purchase or download or update your apps. Because they limit the App store part of the ID.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I signed up to TALK with someone to help me with my problem. I kept getting the run around and it even came back to put in my credit card # a second time!!!! Then it said I would be contacted in the next 24 hours or so. I needed help THEN!!!!! I am a flight attendant and have to turn my phone off and start working. I did follow your links but I have already tried to change my password ***** times!!! It doesn't work. I have finally made an appointment with the apple store to take it in. YOU WERE NO HELP AT ALL!!!!
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 27 days ago

The instructions I sent you are 100% correct. I'm sorry you couldn't do it correctly due to your password ***** which is something we don't have access.

You can contact *****@******.*** and they will refund you

Ashik, Mac Technician