Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Walmart.ca suddenly locked in middle of ordering and I can't…

Walmart.ca suddenly locked in...

Walmart.ca suddenly locked in middle of ordering and I can't open their site on my MacBook

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I'm new on this laptop and don't know how to do this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not sure

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens now if you try to open the site?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
When I try to open Walmart.ca the logo shows with clock beside it and a blue line running under it the page is blank

Thanks

Can you restart the mac then try to open it again please

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I closed and restarted Mac

ok, now try to access the site

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I still get a blank page-can't access site

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now from the menu bar click Develop > Empty Caches

Then try the site please

Let me know the results

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I still get a blank page

Are other sites working?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
no problem

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I got nowhere-forget it I'm

Can you tell me please on which step you got stuck in the instructions?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What is the cost

$19

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Remote into computer and do it for me

Accept the request for the premium service and I can please

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I'm frustrated please do at another time I've had it

ok,

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Richard tried but we weren't communicating and I was having trouble carrying through his instructions

Are you ready to continue now?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer