Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My son forgot his code, tried too many times, now it is

My son forgot his...

My son forgot his code, tried too many times, now it is locked and disabled and I cannot figure out how to reset it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I know the password ***** apple ID, we have never changed them

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so i thought this was free nevermind

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the model of your account please

it is an ipod touch I believe it is a 6?
I thought this would cost $25, what is this $39 crap and a monthly fee, etc?

Thanks

You will have to reset the device, there is no other way to remove this.

It will remove all data fro it but this cannot be avoided

To do the reset

Connect the unit to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode..."

Click Restore Phone, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please,

When I connect the iPod to the computer and open iTunes I see no way to do anything with my specific device. Do I need to do something else on iTunes?

yes, the instructions I gave please, I will repeat.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you