Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iPhone 6 plus, my iMessage and FaceTime all of a…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an iPhone 6 plus, my iMessage and FaceTime all of a sudden stopped working.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I have done a reset , airplane mode, and still nothing is working

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It now has me since saturday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I also tried to sign out of my apple id and sign back on,I've tried: turning iMessage on and off, resetting network settings, rebooting my phone and nothing's worked.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What is the message you get when you try to use Facetime?

Please let me know

i turned off and on my imessage and factime , now it been "waiting for activation" for 4 hours
I've tried: turning iMessage on and off, resetting network settings, rebooting my phone, signing out of my apple id but it doesn't allow me to sign in again through imessage or facetime. I am assuming that why I am "waiting for activation" mode. I do not receive texts or am i able to send texts via imessage only regular sms.

On the iPhone hold the home and power buttons until you see the apple logo then release

Let the iPhone restart and tell me if it then allows you to use Facetime please

ok.. trying that now......Logo appeared, phone is restarting..

thanks

its allowing to send a facetime chat, not sure if my friend will pick up tho. I did not get any error messages. only that my friend "facetime unavailable"

ok, this looks corrected then else you would see the error.

I will mark this question to remain open so if you have continued problems or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

i still need to fix my imessage cuz that whats also not working. I am not able to receive texts. Imessage shows as waiting for activation

ok, if you now open iMessage, what exactly do you see?

imessages can be sent between iphone,ipad,ipod ect..... but i just tried sending a text to my friend who has an iphone and it's a green sms text not imessage (blue text)
also, I just noticied that my phone number is ***** out on imessage and facetime. is that normal ?

If you go to settings, icloud, are you signed in there?

when i go to seetings , i do see my apple id pic and name only. no phone number.

Enter in your phone number there please

reachable at my apple Id and now i see my #

ok, now try imessenger please

its still not sending imessage

Go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings

Once done, connect to wifi again and tell me if it then functions please

phone is resetting... 1/2 ways there.
phone restarted, connected to wifi and text send in green again

Are you messaging people with an iPhone though?

Else it goes green

i am using my iphone

yes, but sending to a recipient that has an iPhone? Else it shows as Green

im texting my friend who also has an iphone, our thread shows our texts in blue as of Saturday, and Sunday morning and as of right now, its been showing in green. I am not receiving her texts but i know she is texting my cell since i get my texts to my mac computer as well.

Tap Settings, Messages, then check to see if the feature is switched on.

its now switched on and "waiting for activation"

Open Settings → Wi-Fi/Cellular → turn off the switch, reboot your device and turn on Wi-Fi/Cellular.

If it doesn't work, then try to reset network settings. It will delete all the existing network settings and return them to factory settings. Settings → General → Reset → Reset Network Settings.

Let me know the results please

wifi calling or cellular data ?

cellular data

I reset network settings , Phone is resetting..
phone turned on
imessage is still waiting for activation

ok, the issue is it can take up to 24 hours to activate so all we can do now is wait this out and have you reply to me here in 24 hours if it still does not activate. Usually, it takes 24 hours.

ok.. i will wait.. ill reply tomorrow. if its activated and still sending green texts to iphone user anything else i should try before reconnecting with you?

No, just wait out the time for it to activate it.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you