Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Virus alert, Not sure lol just know it's a ipad, just

Customer Question
Virus alert Technician's Assistant:...

Virus alert

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Not sure lol just know it's a ipad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just happened

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 3 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Does the virus alert only occur when you open the Internet / Safari?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

That is a fake alert message. It is a scam, so please do not follow any instruction in it. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the Settings app icon on your iPad tablet.
  2. There, tap on Safari option (if needed, scroll down (on the left) first.)
  3. Then tap on the option Clear History and Website Data (if needed, scroll down (on the right) first.)
  4. Then tap on the option Clear... / continue / confirm.
  5. Open Safari app, and it should work fine now.
  6. But if it does not work, then press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then try steps 1 to 5 above again, and check.

- Does that work?

- If there's still any issue, when / where does the virus alert message occur?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

How is it going?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.