Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My son has out grown his i pod touch and wants to give it to…

Customer Question
My son has out...

My son has out grown his i pod touch and wants to give it to his sister. It hasn't been used in almost 2 years and we have no idea what the username and pass words are as he forgot. So I tried to restore it to factory setting and still can not get it to work. How do i get past his old account info to restart for his sister?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

He has a new one that he uses he opened up when he could remember the information for the first one. So I would say about 2 years

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes twice and it still says we need his info. it say its activation lock

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My son wants to give this to his sister as a gift so i hope we can do it quickley

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the exact message you are seeing on the screen of the iPod please?

Thank you