Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My time machine is saying it couldn’t complete the back up…

Customer Question
My time machine is...

My time machine is saying it couldn’t complete the back up to my Seagate external hard drive and when I go to open my external hard drive every file that I had on there is erased- Which is a problem because I had everything on my external hard drive

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Apple device?

High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: Did the application come with an uninstaller, either on the installation disc or in the application's folder on your Mac?

What application

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot and fix this issue for you?

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

I hit the securely connect button

I am sorry to report, but it appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Update Payment Info" button, come back to this page, and click the "Accept Offer" button once more.

well the payment has come out of my PayPal account

The charge for the remote did not.

You may wish to contact your bank and ask them to remove the block just to be sure.

i see - can i not use pay pal for the remote assistance

Are you given the option of PayPal on the payments page? If so, then yes you can.

no i do not have that option and it is not letting me update information... what do you suggest- I paid 30 to get you to tell me to pay 39 more and then i can't get past here....

Did you already contact your bank and ask them to remove the block? That may be your best option.

I see that you don't wish to use the remote session as an option. That is okay. I will opt out of the question and allow another person to help. When they pick this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you,

***** *****

Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 3 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!