Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Well last night i changed my passcode and i cant remember it…

Customer Question
Well last night i...

Well last night i changed my passcode and i cant remember it what do i do

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Passcode to get into my phone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Hoe do i do that how

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

Which one?

i already paid 5 dollars

i want a refund you are a rip off it said for 5 bucks you tell me how to get in my phone im not giving any more money

With all due respect, you need to read and follow what I have told you. I have already stated; If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

We are not a rip-off. However, this is a pay support site and $5 is your deposit only, as was clearly stated when you submitted your issue.

Finally, I have asked you a question twice and not yet received an answer. Until you provide one I can not offer a solution.

it is a 4 digit passcode to unlock the phone.
Ok and what device is this concerning? If it's an iPhone, what model?
iphone 5c

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.