Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I installed Google Chrome on my MacAir, the browser…

Customer Question
When I installed Google...

When I installed Google Chrome on my MacAir, the browser started up with some malware: http://search.hdirectionsandmap.com/

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacAir macOs Sierra, version 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: Which Sierra product do you have?

I just told you. What more do you want to know?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Sierra software?

I don't have that software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

It may be deeper than this but here is a place you can start. Within Chrome, you can add, edit, or remove search engines like the one you mentioned. Like I said, it may be best to check other places if this does not resolve the issue. If that is the case just let me know and I can give you some other places to check or I can remote into your mac and check this out for you. For now, here is what you can check:

Add, edit, or remove other search engines

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. Under "Search engine," click Manage search engines.
  4. Find "Other search engines."
    • Add: To the right of "Other search engines," click Add. Fill out the text fields and click Add.
    • Set as default: To the right of the search engine, click More Make default.
    • Edit: To the right of the search engine, click More Edit.
    • Delete: To the right of the search engine, click More Remove from list.