Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I try to turn on my MacBook, it was starting up with a…

Customer Question
Hi, when I try...

Hi, when I try to turn on my MacBook, it was starting up with a progress bar, as soon as the progress bar finishes it was going blank, and I could not do anything. I tried to pres the command option p r, as a website told me, and it chimed like it was meant to but then the screen still went black, now when I try and turn it on I don't even get the progress bar, just a black screen

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

Yes I did both, command and r did nothing, and the other one made noise but now I don't even get the progress bar, just a blank screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that it was working fine, I had recently updated the software to Mac high Sierra, but it worked fine after, then I shut it down, and I went on a plane on holiday with it, and now it won't turn on properly Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 3 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic

Welcome to justanswer.com a fee based Answer site. My name is ***** ***** verified Mac Expert not affiliated with Apple. Please reply to continue.

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer.
  3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
    If you have a 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
  4. Release all keys.
  5. Reconnect the power adapter.
  6. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.