Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple support rang and asked me to press 1 and then they…

Customer Question
Apple support rang and...

Apple support rang and asked me to press 1 and then they said I was not there and to wait 10 minutes. This has happened twice

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have a mini Ipad. I don''t know the operating system and the problem is I cannot get into my device.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just thaty i have been trying to get into the Pad since they updated it and i cant it keeps locking

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/27/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 4 months ago
Mike, Mac Medic
  1. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
  2. Wait until you see Slide to Power Off appear on your screen
  3. Swipe the Slide to Power Off slider
  4. Press the power button again and wait for your device to turn on
  5. You will have to enter your passcode at start up, even if you usually use a fingerprint for ID

If this doesn't work it may indicate that a force-restart is necessary. We will explain how to do this in the next step.