Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Onlinetecheasy. Apple. Macxo. They called me. They want $600…

Onlinetecheasy Technician's Assistant: What's...

Onlinetecheasy

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Apple

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macxo

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

They called me

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

They want $600 for a new cti identity

appleprobook
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

They are SCAM. DO NOT give them any information or send money. How did they contact you?

Did you give them any info?

Did you give them access to your Mac?

i did give them access to my mac

It is possible they may have installed spying or malware programs. What program did they use to connect?

Do you have any important files on the Mac?

Ashik, Mac Technician
all the personal stuff, no banking online, same creditcard . iam on somebody else's machine as they told me not to turn on my computer.....what is SRA...

The best option is, erase the Mac and install fresh macOS. But do you have the backup of your files?

Or do you have ay important files on it that you don't want to lose?

With Secure remote assistance, I can connect to your Mac and check if they installed any malware/spyware.

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

You need to do this from your Mac itself. Turn it on.

Open www.fastsupport.com on your computer. Enter your name and enter this code -->###-##-####/p>

Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named GotoAssist opener will be downloaded. Then open the GotoAssist opener file you see there and then open the GotoAssist opener application. You can also open it from Downloads. Open GotoAssist opener file. Allow permission to connect or Join session if asked.

(If you don't see the downloaded GotoAssist opener file, then click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named GotoAssist opener file there. Double click on it to open)

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

This is not my device I'll be home shortly

How long will it take you to get home?

I am home, warming up the machinery
Is there anyone there?

Please connect using the above steps

Report : Connected with the customer. Deleted some malwares. Checked all startup folders for suspicious programs and couldn't find any.

Enabled System firewall.

Check the Mac for a week and let me know if you notice any strange behavior.

What are you charging me?'

Not sure about the exact charge, but I believe it is $35 + $39

You can contact the customer support at *****@******.*** to know the exact charges.

Best Regards,

Hi there, Just checking. Is everything working ok?