Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone6+ Siri feature suddenly won't work. It says

Customer Question
My iPhone6+ Siri feature...

My iPhone6+ Siri feature suddenly won't work. It says "Safari cannot open the page. The error was: 'Webkit encountered an internal error' " Please help me!

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Safari?

Saturday, March 24th

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thanks you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with Safari.

What I would like to have you try is clearing your Safari temporary data cache. Sometimes things get backed up in the cache and this can cause an issue with browsing properly. To do this follow these quick steps please:

Double Tap your home button and end any Safari browser that you may have open.
Then
To clear your history and cookies, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then confirm the clearing.
*Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.*

Once this is done, restart the iphone. Then open Safari and test.

Please let me know your results and we can continue troubleshooting if needed.

Thanks,

Jamie

Thank you for the update. I am glad that it is working for you again.
I see that you opened a separate ticket about it working, so I closed it so you do not get any charges for it or cause any confusion.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

-Jamie