Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have changed my itunes id and password but the new id

Customer Question
I have changed my...

I have changed my itunes id and password ***** the new id refuses to show up when I go to sign in. therefore my password *****'t work.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No not aware of that tool

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to get intol my account

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the iTunes ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

The old I’d is.***@******.***
The new one is. ***@******.***
Or.***@******.***

May I know what are the apple Devices do you have with you now?

My phone and ipad

Please go to the setting in your ipad. Setting>iCloud>Check the email below to your name.

I did. It’s the old email address. That email address no longer works.

Can I have the Old email address once again?

When I tried to reset the account I am getting an error message *****@******.*** is not an Apple ID. In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

On both the iPhone and iPad, please do the following;

for any section of Settings where the incorrect ID is being used. If neither ID is listed, choose the option to sign in with an existing account and use your correct Apple ID and password.

1) Go to Settings > [your user name] > iCloud

If incorrect account is listed, tap “Sign Out” or “Delete Account” and make sure the account is removed.

Sign in with the correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

2) Go to Settings > “Accounts & Passwords” or Mail

Verify correct iCloud email is listed, if you use it.

3) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

If incorrect account is listed, tap it and choose Sign Out

Sign in with your correct Apple ID by choosing the option to sign in with an existing account.

4) Go to Settings > Facetime

5) Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store

Once you have completed the above then the iOS devices should be ready to go.