Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

In the past I have been able to air drop from my iMac to my…

Customer Question
In the past I...

In the past I have been able to air drop from my iMac to my iPhone. Recently however, I have not been able to get the iMac to recognize my iPhone and so I have not been able to use air drop. I know it should work because it has in the past.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iMac?

How do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last reboot?

My computer was off just a couple of days ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Adjust AirDrop visibility by clicking the link next to ”Allow me to be discovered by” in the AirDrop window, and then choose between Off, Contacts Only and Everyone. Remeber, selecting Everyone is the best way to prevent complications arising from limiting AirDrop to the more private Contacts Only option.

Also, AirDrop needs Bluetooth to detect if the devices are in close proximity of one another, and Wi-Fi to transfer data (one exception being a legacy Wi-Fi-only AirDrop mode on 2012 or older Macs). Once presence information is established, content is beamed via Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi is on and Bluetooth is off, or vice versa, AirDrop won’t work.

The statement "Allow me to be discovered by" used to appear in the Air Drop window. I doesn't now. So let's securely connect and have you help fix it if that is OKNever mind!! I got a message on my phone that I was charged 30 dollars for a free trial and now you want another $39. I want all my money back. I'll go elsewhere for an answer to my problem

Secure connects are costly but helpful in some cases. I normally just give support via chat. The request are auto-generated so I have no control over them.