Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone updated last no. My iPhone updated last night and…

Customer Question
My iPhone updated last...

My iPhone updated last no

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

My iPhone updated last night and after entering my Apple ID and password, I’m asked to enter a 4 digit code. I entered several obvious code combinations and none of them work. How can I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Hi my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I will review this real quick and get right back to you.
I need a quick response- I’m going to the hospital and i need my GPS to get there!
You can bypass the passcode but you can not just reset it. This is due to how Apple security works. In order to bypass the passcode you will need to erase the entire iPhone while it’s in recovery mode. Here is how:Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes.While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps, but don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo, wait until the connect to iTunes screen appears:Then iTunes should ask you to restore the device. Choose to restore and follow the iTunes onscreen instructions.Once the above is complete your iPhone should not ask for the passcode. If it still asks for the passcode that means you didn’t have the iPhone in recovery mode which is the screen that has the iTunes logo and cable on it.If you have any questions let me know and please consider to rate my services as it lets others know I am here to help.Thanks
I don’t have a computer, just an iPad. I can’t access iTunes- the phone is locked up requesting a 4 digit code. This has never happened after an update. I don’t recall ever setting one up.
Ok. You would have to figure out a way to use a computer or another device, anything that connects the internet. Maybe you can borrow one or visit a library, etc. you can either do the iTunes instructions on a computer or you can sign into www.icloud.com and do the following as well:Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.Go to Find My iPhone.Click All Devices at the top of the screen.Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.If necessary, click Erase [device].Click Remove from Account.