Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a mac book pro, with osx version 10.9.5, processor…

Customer Question
I have a mac...

I have a mac book pro, with osx version 10.9.5, processor 2.5 Ghz Intel Core 5, 4GB 1600 Mhz DDR3. I had msn as my homepage and some how Search View took over and Yahoo became mr browser. The diagnostic said I am not connected to the internet. I don't care what my broser is other than Yahoo. What do I do to get back up?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your MacBook Pro?

Where do I fid that.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

All indicator lights are on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, how do you keep yahoo and Seatch View off?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sounds like you somehow installed a malware on your Mac. It is easy to remove that malware though.

Download and scan your Mac with this application named Malwarebytes --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8b3wwyyjxuncvv/Malwarebytes%20Anti-Malware%20Version2.zip?dl=0

Choose "No Thanks, ***** ***** view", click Download and download it. Open the downloaded file and do a scan with it.

That Malwarebytes application can remove that malware/adware in a few seconds.

Make sure Safari is closed when you do this. After removing that adware/malware using Malwarebytes, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Click on the Search tab and change the search engine to Google or anything you want.

Then click on the General tab, and change the homepage to www.msn.com or www.apple.com or to any site you want.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.