Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I plug my MacBook Air in the lihh. When I plug my

When I plug my...

When I plug my MacBook Air in the lihh

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

When I plug my macbook air in the power lights green and after a few seconds it turns orange. I've tried different plug ins with the same result.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

This is the first time

3/26/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

How old is this Mac?

no more then two years old
my mac is just about out of charge when will I get help?

It is common for it to show orange light because that light means the battery is charging.

The green will only show when the battery is fully charged.

If it is not showing green after charging it, then it is possible that the battery is failing, adapter issue or a system glitch.

First, reset the System Management Controller of your Mac. Follow the steps below;

Shut down the computer.

Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if not already connected.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Does it work now?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I guess I never noticed the light turning orange before. Problem solved , thanks for your help.

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician