Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Unable to open aol mail. On my Mac computer via safari.

Customer Question
Unable to open aol...

Unable to open aol mail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my Mac computer via safari

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Calling aol for password *****

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I've tried three times over the last days and talked to various people but no one has been able to open my aol mail for me

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Mac
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 25 days ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to open AOL?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I'm asked for a different user name or password ***** part of the new double security system.

Ok, this is the 2 step verification, you set this other account when it was enabled, can you still access it?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No, I'm already paying a monthly service fee to aol
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can access it

ok, so sign in with it please and tell me what then happens

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It says I've used an incorrect user name (wcarygrant) or password

Ok, use the link there to reset the password ***** then use the new password ***** sign in

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
asked for my place of birth, date of birth -- then said my info didn't
match what they have on hand
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
there was no link for a new password
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
in the past, when I've used the link for a new password, I've used it and then a telephone call has sent another connection but when I've used it it doesn't connect me to my mail

You need to give the correct information for the option to reset the password, please try again and provide the information that was sent when the account was made please

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
That's exactly what I've used -- I've filled the form sent to me asking me for place of birth, date, zip code

ok, but if it is indicating it does not match it is incorrect, can you please try again

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I've tried again. This is maddening -- ever since AOL went to its double security system I've had nothing but trouble that no one there seems to be able to help.

Which program are you using to try to sign in with?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
safari

And now if you try to sign in, what is the exact message you receive?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
That I've used the wrong user name or password

ok, then you will need to reset it, else you would need to make a new account.

Please attempt again to reset it

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
When I ask for a new password, I'm sent those security questions which it says aren't right

you will need to reset it, else you would need to make a new account.

Please attempt again to reset it

Mike, Mac Medic