Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Ipad will not activate. Over a month ago when I got my…

Customer Question
My Ipad will not...

My Ipad will not activate

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Over a month ago when I got my new IPhone 8

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not sure what that is.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to activate

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 28 days ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

To be sure, I am not missing anything, is this the message you are receiving:

Your iPad could not be activated because the activation service is temporarily unavailable

Kindly try these steps and let me know how it goes.

Plug your iPad into your Mac or PC.

It would be a good idea to back up your iPad, either locally or to iCloud.

Open iTunes, and check you've got the latest version of iOS

Force your (still plugged-in) iPad to restart by pressing and holding the power (Sleep/Wake) and Home buttons at the same time. Keep holding them down until you see the Recovery mode screen. You probably need to keep holding these down for longer than you think: the screen will go black then after a few seconds, and the Apple logo will appear, but you need to keep holding the buttons for another 10 seconds or so before the iPad goes into Recovery mode.

You'll be given the option to restore or update in iTunes. Select Update.

iTunes will now try to reinstall iOS

After the update is finished, leave your iPad connected to the computer. You'll now need to complete the activation setup process for your iPad using iTunes.

After iOS is done downloading, you will need to repeat the force reboot. This time your iPad will ask if you want to restore it.

Once the restore is finished, you will be asked to select whether you want to activate the iPad as a "new" device or if you want to restore it from your last backup. Selecting the new iPad option will format your iPad so it is like new and restoring it will retrieve your data again.

Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician