Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Error creaating. Error creating a new folder. The iMac

Error creaating Technician's Assistant:...

Error creaating

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Error creating a new folder.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

The iMac creates an "untitled folder" that contains all folders and files that are on the desktop. I have restarted but it didn't help. The error started yesterday after I used Time Machine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's all

3/26/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

I did everything you recommended but I am still having the problem

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Then tell me if you can make the folder please

Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

ID 766 585 148
Password *****