Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone had an update, and the password I have been using…

Customer Question
My iPhone had an...

My iPhone had an update, and the password ***** have been using does not activate it. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Quite a while ago I don't use iCloud, and the password ***** wrote down on my Apple file does not work.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I cannot get past the password. My iPhone is inoperable.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

If I knew this, I would not be asking for help. I'm not technical.I just want my iPhone to work again. I worry about the safety of my kids.NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.
Why does this site not say anything about apple.com?

Can you clarify what you mean by "If I knew this, I would not be asking for help"? What part of the instructions do you need help with?

As was stated when you submitted your issue, this is JustAnswer - a third-party support site. We handle hundreds of Apple related questions each day.

Sorry you cannot or won't help without a payment to unlock what Apple locked. Usually when updates happen, it just requires my phone passcode, not something from iCloud, which I do not use.

I understand your frustration but you submitted your question to our site and we earn a living here by helping customers such as yourself.

I'm happy to assist you in getting past your forgotten password, however, and in fact have already provided the answer.