Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I’m getting the path/installation /packages /OSinstall.mokg…

Customer Question
I’m getting the path/installation...

I’m getting the path/installation /packages /OSinstall.mokg missing or damage . I have done everything suggested please help me.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

I have restarted a few times. Pressed the option+ command+R . And shift+commons +option + R . And finally holding down the space bar an off button.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The problem started today .

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Now there’s an error message “there was an error connecting to the apple server.
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When exactly do you get this error?

Please let me know

This started lady night
I meant to say yesterday

Ok, but what do you do on the Mac when it brings up this error?

I have tried everything. Reboot. Please read the original message.

ok, you are misunderstanding the question I keep asking, I am trying to find out what you are doing when this error comes up...

Please carefully read and reply to this question.

Please read original message. Too much writing. I’m getting ready for work. I waited hours for someone to reach me earlier last night.

I have read the original message,

"I’m getting the path/installation /packages /OSinstall.mokg missing or damage . I have done everything suggested please help me."

" I have restarted a few times. Pressed the option+ command+R . And shift+commons +option + R . And finally holding down the space bar an off button."

But it appears you are not reading my message to you that I keep repeating... I kindle ask you put aside 2 minutes to carefully read the question I keep asking you

Thank you

The error came up yesterday afternoon. I have not seen this before until yesterday.

ok, it is not what I am asking... I am trying to find out what you are doing on the Mac when the error shows, but it seems I cannot get this answered so we need to skip it for now

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

I did that last night. With no success.

Ok, I need to know from you, please carefully read and reply, again, I am trying to find out what you are doing on the Mac when the error shows,

Turn restarting. I’m getting ready to leave for work.

Sorry but I do not know what you mean with "Turn restarting"

Sorry typos. I restarted the computer multiple attempts. Same message coming up. I’m getting in my car and going to work. Why did someone not get a hold of me earlier in the evening.
I’m going to a Mac store.

ok