Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new ipad. i cannot find the slot to plug it in. the…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new ipad. i cannot find the slot to plug it in. the slot that is located under the on/off button is not big enough to accommodate the plug. And, for some reason, the apple logo is flashing on and off the screen.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

How do I figure that out? no directions came with the device.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on since this morning (now 5pm here). I have tried pushing the button that should turn the device on and off....but no luck.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not right now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/26/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
  1. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds. (This is the button shown in the diagram above this article.)
  2. The iPad will prompt you to slide a button to power off the device. Follow the directions on the screen by sliding the button from the left side to the right to reboot the iPad.
  3. If the iPad is completely frozen, the "slide to power down" message may not appear. Don't worry, just continue holding down the button. After about 20 seconds the iPad will power down without the confirmation. This is called a "forced reboot" because it will work even when the iPad is totally unresponsive.
  4. The iPad screen will display the circle of dashes to indicate it is busy. Once the iPad has finished shutting down completely, the screen will go completely black.
  5. After the iPad's screen is completely black, wait a couple of seconds and then hold down the Sleep/Wake button again to trigger the restart.
  6. When the Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen, you can release the ​Sleep/Wake button. The iPad will restart shortly after the logo appears.
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Let me know how it goes.

I saw no diagram. Where is the connection for the recharger?
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have iPad mini or iPad 2?