Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Here. I can not open safari on my iMac, I can open it on my…

Hi Dave here Technician's...

Hi Dave here

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I can not open safari on my iMac, I can open it on my phone, ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve tried everything nothing works

OSX ElCapitan
I’m on my iPad right now
I can’t open emails either
I just tried to open your web browser it won’t open
Anyone there
Call me when u can #9165011278
3/26/2018
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Press Command+Space to open Spotlight search and type “Disk Utility” and press Enter.

In the Disk Utility application, select the disk or partition to check — which in this case is the system partition is named “Macintosh HD” by default — and then click the “First Aid” button.

Note that the First Aid function can run on an entire disk, or an individual partition depending on what you select.

Click “Run” and the Mac will check the disk selected for errors automatically fix any errors it finds.

After running the utility, restart the computer and test to see if the issues are resolved.

Thank you
I did what u said it still wont open
I still can’t connect to safari

Ok then next do the following:

Click Finder and then click the "Go" menu at the top of the screen.

Select "Go to Folder."

Type or copy/paste "~/Library/Preferences" and click "Go."

Drag the "com.apple.Safari.plist" file to the Trash and empty the Trash.

Restart the computer and open Safari to test and see if the issue is resolved.

There is no safari in the preferences fill

Just to clarify, there are other plist files but no com.apple.Safari.plist file?

If not then next do the following:

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
I did that already
It came back on
Thanks for your help

Excellent! Just let me know if you need further assistance.

Phone call session started