Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mom just passed away and I got her IPad (model A1584).

Customer Question
My mom just passed...

My mom just passed away and I got her IPad (model A1584). How do I have the password *****?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

The only Apple password ***** have is for ITunes which I THINK I reset a couple of years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, if I do that can I then use it on the IPad?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No..........thanks.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 26 days ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First, I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I will do my best to help you.

Apple is pretty strict as far as there security for their Apple devices. You can try to reset the apple id password ***** you may need to know some more/enough information in order to complete the process. If the instructions below do not work your only other chance is to call AppleCare directly(###) ###-####until them you need to unlock the phone but show proof of original purchase.

Here is how to reset an apple id password.

Please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I will call tomorrow. Can not show proof of purchase. She is dead and her place cleared out.

Then maybe you can still try and reset the password ***** the online website I gave you. Best of luck.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast