Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my phone password, tried restarting it and couldn't…

Customer Question
I forgot my phone...

I forgot my phone password, tried restarting it and couldn't remember my passward to my apple ID password. Therefore it eventually locked me out. I wanted go try and get my phone rese.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Ive been in basic training for 9 weeks, I just got my phone a couple days ago and couldn't remember. Ive never changed the Apple ID or password ***** just couldn't remeber it. Afrer trying to put it in so many times it locked me out for security reasons. Y

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did and they are supoose go be sending my mother something within 3 days in order to try again but I go back to training this evening and won't have my phone anymore so I wanted to see if you all could over ride something or reset anything where I could try again?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,