Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I did the up date for the pass word I put in all (o) I don't…

Customer Question
I did the up...

I did the up date for the pass word I put in all (o) I don't like passwords now I can not use my phone

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I never use a pass word

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know what that is or where to find it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know

Ok, what exactly does it say onscreen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't understand what is going on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know that I can't use my phone

What do you mean? You said you can't use your phone... when you turn it on what does it say on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I respond to the message on my phone

What is the message on your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you tell me to view some thing How do I get There

I have only asked you to turn on the iPhone and tell me what you see on screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it tells me to view it here my.justanswer.com/app/s/sxcqx

I'm sorry we seem to be having communication problems. You tell me you can not use your phone but don't know which password ***** are having a problem with... I have tried to obtain that information by asking you what you see when you attempt to use your phone and you are not providing that.

As I asked originally, is the iPhone asking for a 4 or 6 digit passcode OR is it asking for the password ***** your Apple ID?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don' know the password ***** words
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How di get to that site and still be on this one

Which site? Are you communicating with me from your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are not helping me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I talked to a genital man He said it was the password ***** I put in after the update I know you can not call me my phone is locked
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't wont a mew Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can not wait 24 hours

Please do not opt me out if you wish to see replies from me.

I am happy to assist you but I really need to know which passcode or password ***** are having issues with. Is it the 4 to 6 digit code you normally type to unlock the screen and see the home page or is the phone asking for a password ***** your Apple ID?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is the 6 digit one
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it says Enter Passcode under that Touch ID does not recognize your fingerprint
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is OK to do the remote

Remote can not be used to service mobile devices like this, unfortunately.

If you have forgotten the passcode, the phone must be reset.

What is your model of iPhone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is a 7 modela1784 do you need all the numbers

No that is fine.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the volume down button (on the left) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the volume down button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
John I don't think I have itunes on my computer

If you have a Windows PC, you can download and install iTunes from here:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went to the Itunes and was ask for my apple ID I do not know it do I have to go to a apple store?

If you don't know your ID and password ***** can reset it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
John I am an old lady and I give up I can not do this.

I'm sorry to hear that but happy to walk you through each step. For the issue with the Apple ID, As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password.

John T. F., Apple Consultant