Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Suddenly Activatikn Lock came on my device. I have tried…

Suddenly Activatikn Lock...

Suddenly Activatikn Lock came on my device. I have tried every password ***** ever useed at least the ones I can remember. The device is 6 years old iPad. I also googled the problem but.....

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have a new password ***** I changed on my mini iPad. My husband uses the one with a problem so probably not for awhile.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

On another device?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My husband says he hasn’t ever changed the password.

3/25/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Thank you

You are very welcome!

No thank you.

If you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

does the new ID and password ***** to any iPad I have?

Yes, you should use one ID and password ***** all devices and Apple services. Otherwise you will end up with purchases and personal data separated by ID and they can not be merged.

Thanks
Ok, I did all that and it still says incorrect ID or Password

Did you completely shut off the iPad and turn it back on?

Ok and are you certain the ID that you just reset the password ***** is the same one used for iCloud on the iPad?

I am not. How do I find my ICloud password, etc?

Normally iCloud uses the same ID and password ***** for everything else. If you've ever had another, older ID then you would use the previous instructions to reset the password ***** that one as well.

My son who is an MSE set it all up for me. I have had a few Apple passwords but the D has always been the same.

Are you sure the ID used to set up the iPad is not your sons?

You can double check if this iPad is under your current ID and remove it if it is;

From a computer, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

1. go to Find My iPhone on the website.
  2. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  3. Select the device to be removed from iCloud.
  4. If possible, click Erase [device].
  5. Click Remove from Account.

Next, while still signed in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

1 Go to Settings on the website and then look at the My Devices section.

1. In the list of devices, click the one you want to remove
  2. Click the Delete button next to the device. If you don’t see the Delete button, click Remove Device (below the device’s serial or IMEI number).
ok..I went to cloud. Find My Iphone - which it did. Clicked all devices but can't access anything exxcept Fnd My Phone..which has a little green dot beside it.I have to go out for dinner so......................sighThanks for trying.

Ok, since you don't see it in your account then the iPad is definitely set up with a different ID then your current one.

Sigh...............it is 6 or 7 years old. He is away and probably wouldn't remember anyway.Can I go and get it unlocked?

Apple has been known to take a tough stance on this issue due to theft concerns. If you can get no where with the above, you may try calling them at (800)(###) ###-####in Canada. They may be able to help in some way, particularly if you have proof of ownership in some way.

John T. F., Apple Consultant