Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Have loud static noise and no sound when face timing etc.

Customer Question
Have loud static noise...

Have loud static noise and no sound when face timing etc

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mini I pad

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday while I was face timing. Nothing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Issues with streaming media (video and audio such as with Facetime) are often due to memory errors in the network devices that provide your wireless WiFi and Internet access. To rule out the network as the culprit, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes for the memory to drain. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Reboot your iPad and other devices that connect to the network after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.