Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm trying to reinstall lion.... but it restarts to the

I'm trying to reinstall...

I'm trying to reinstall lion.... but it restarts to the circle with the slash threw it...

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macbook pro running mountain lion... 10.3???

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday... thought i'd try and upgrade to the newest os .... but it got stuck ...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Now i've tried the reinstall but when it restarts it comes back to the circle

3/25/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That symbol means the system files are corrupted. You can reinstall your Mac OS. Reinstalling OS won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem unless it is hardware related.

Turn off your Mac by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS.

If that didn't work, then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
none of those worked... need to leave and run some errons... talk with you tomorrow.... thanks for your help..

The internet recovery should have worked. How old is this Mac?

Ashik, Mac Technician