Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Shuffle does not function on ipod. About 8years. Turning off…

Customer Question
Shuffle does not function...

Shuffle does not function on ipod

Technician's Assistant: How old is your iPod?

About 8years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iPod?

Turning off and on.trying different albums.repeatedly hitting shuffle

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Today is first day its malfunctioned

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
proceed with remote service
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer.

It is not necessary to take remote service for this problem.

We can proceed with the manual troubleshooting , ignore the secure remote prompt that may pop up on your screen.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

You can check the battery status of your iPod Shuffle to determine if the issue is with the battery. The media player comes with a status light that gives you an idea of the amount of charge left on the battery. If the iPod isn't turning on, press the Voice-over button. If the status light is orange, the battery has a low charge. If the light is solid red, the battery has a severely low charge and may not turn on.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

To reset your iPod shuffle:

• 1. Eject your iPod shuffle from iTunes, if connected.
  • 2. Remove iPod shuffle from the USB port.
  • 3. Move the switch on the back of iPod shuffle to the off position.
  • Tip: When iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.
  • 4. Wait 5 seconds.
  • 5. Move the switch on the back to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position.

Let me know after you do this.

on#3 switch on upper left of ipod does not respond no green light is visible
Cannot move switch on back of ipod to play or shuffle position
small battery in upper right is almost totally black
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Retry your iPod shuffle with a different USB port on your computer, not a USB port on your keyboard or hub.

I am confused.
I requested secure remote assistance.I have my ipod on ,BatteryOK,Ipod disconnected from computer.screen2 set to slide to unlock,
Do i need to do anything else for you to remotely repair shuffle
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

Let me open this for other experts

Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there?

Please let me know

I attempted to follow instructions and could not find on my ipod the indicated button. I called local apple store and requested direct assistance.discovered that your instructions were not for my model ipod. They helped and problem seems resolved.
Norman Neiberg

Hi Norman

I am a different expert help you, possibly you gave the wrong model iPod for us

do you need anything else?