Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Apple support, what details do you require to ID me? Im

Customer Question
Hi Apple support, what...

Hi Apple support, what details do you require to ID me?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Im talking to you on my iPad but the problem I require your support with is as follows; my sister is staying with me for the next few days an must access her own personal gmail email account. We used google search and typed in gmail then entered her private I'd as requested. The login was declined and message stated need verification to veryfy its you. Please assist this is really urgent as she is negotiating work issues. Thx mary

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Are you there?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 3 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

This is common for Google to deny access when you first login to gmail from a new location. In you case you sister has logged in from a new place therefore, google will need to verify that it is indeed your sister logging in. To ensure your sister can get into her account, the easiest and quickest way to resolve would be if I can remotely assist you. Let me know if you would like to go ahead with this option. Thanks

Ameen

In future, there are few methods you can do when going to another place and logging in. You can print out or save a list of back-up codes to take with you.

From home, Log in and go to https://accounts.google.com/b/0/ManageAccount. Select “Using 2-step verification”, then “Printable backup codes.” (This only works if you have two-step verification enabled, which you should.) There you can get 10 codes you can enter whenever Gmail demands verification codes via SMS . Only one code per log-in. This way, you just enter the code and you are in.

Another work around is, You can designate your laptop as a trusted device to avoid this. First Login to your account. Under “Security & Privacy” select "Manage Advanced Security." Go to the “protect your account" page. Choose any option to get a code, and request it. You will see a box that reads: "I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code.” Tick it, and enter the most recent verification SMS code.

Your satisfaction is my priority, Please take a moment to rate my service (hopefully 5 stars :) ) and press submit at the top of your question page once you have a moment. Thanks :)

If you need additional information please use the reply box below to let me know.