Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need to unlock my I pad Forgot the e-mail addy and

Customer Question
I need to unlock...

I need to unlock my I pad Forgot the e-mail addy and password ***** e-mail address I used when I bought doesn't exist anymore I need to put in new -mail address and password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Cant remember never had problems till now

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Where do I find it

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont have Mac

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast
Hello, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I’m a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor of over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.Fortunately, there are a few steps you can try to remedy this issue.1.) On any device, laptop, or desktop computer, you will need to visit:
iforgot.apple.com2.) If you view the screenshot I’ve attached for you, you will see the line circled in red, is where you will need to begin, to look up your Apple ID email, if you cannot recall which email you originally used.3.) Now If you do recall your email address to your original Apple ID and just need to reset the password, all you need to do is go back to step#1 and on that first page of iforgot.apple.com, follow the steps with the known Apple ID email to reset your password.4.) Depending on the kind of security you have set up with the Apple ID you are currently locked out of, to reset or recover your password ***** will need to either:
a.) provide the correct answer to two of three questions you selected as Security challenge questions or send a reset password ***** to your email on file with Apple - if you can (Secondary Authentication Security)b.) or you may have to send a verification code to your trusted phone number you had assigned to your Apple ID, or to another Apple device or computer you are still signed in with the same Apple ID you are trying to access now.
(Two-Factor Authentication)For more in-depth information regarding Apple ID email and password ***** you can also refer to Apple’s main support article just for this same process:Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2014874.) Finally If you are also locked out of your iPad Air, if it has been protected all this time with a passcode, and too many incorrect attempts have been made to enter back into your iPad, thus causing a lock out, then here is a sure fire way to gain access back to your iPad, if you have a Mac or Windows computer with iTunes installed will work. I understand you don’t have a Mac, so if you have a Windows PC laptop or desktop, you will be ok to perform this processHere is that link:“If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled”Link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306.Now one of these steps should resolve this issue with your Apple ID for you.Please give them a try and update me when you can, I’m always glad to assist!Regards,-TD
FYI - sorry for the two Step #4s- you can think of them as “4a” and “4b” just to prevent any confusion.Also here is the screenshot for Step# *****Link: https://i.imgur.com/A3cUvcN.pngThanks for your patience!TD
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple

ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-

factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow

the rest of the steps as prompted.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.