Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to use an older iPad to listen to music/ maybe…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to use an older iPad to listen to music/ maybe watch movies... on Amazon. But, it keeps telling me the password ***** my Apple ID is incorrect... but it won't send me a way to reset it...I use Apple and iTunes often on my current tablet all the time... what is the prob?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Prob a couple years ago...but, it was a newer iPad

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

.? I hit the button, but don't know how to get to the tool you are speaking of...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I use a iPad air2 daily, but want to use my old iPad to hear music, and, maybe for videos, why doesn't the old iPad accept the same Apple password ***** always use on the newer one?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: TD White, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
TD White
TD White, Mac Enthusiast

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I am a Mac Specialist and IT Tutor for over 15 years. I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

I am sorry you are having an issue with your Apple ID.

Fortunately, there is a way to reset your password.

Here are the steps:

• Visit iforgot.apple.com

• Enter your email address and the four to five digit code below the email box.

• Follow the provided steps to either answer security challenge questions you provided answers for, when you first set up your Apple ID account, or to send a password ***** email

to your email account.

Either of these processes will allow you to change the password ***** your Apple ID and allow you access your Apple ID once again.

For additional assistance with this particular process, feel free to view Apple's support article per the link I've provided below:

Link: If you forgot your Apple ID Password

Please let me know if this helps. I will be here to assist you until this issue has been resolved for you.

Thanks!

TD

Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S