Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.
93256567

I accidentally must have pressed update and now cannot

Customer Question

I accidentally must have pressed update and now cannot activate my I phone which has all my phone numbers and passwords on it/ I do not know the information they are asking for and need my contacts etc.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: I have no idea.
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: on my phone or where
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am extremely frustrated and totally technologically impaired.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a Mac expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! To recover your Apple ID account and reset the password (which you can then use to re-activate your iPhone), please open a web browser on your computer and navigate to: iforgot.apple.com

Where prompted, enter your Apple ID (which is probably your email address). You will also need to enter some text to prove you are not a robot. (Tip: if you can't read the text, just keep clicking until you can.)

The next step will depend on the type of security you have set up for your Apple account. If you have set up two-step verification or two-factor authentication this will involve receiving details via another device.

If you haven't set up either of these extra levels of security it will be a case of getting an email or answering some security questions.

Hope that helps! If you need additional assistance, please let us know :-)