Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My husbands iphone has his Apple ID disabled. I already

Customer Question
My husbands iphone has...

My husbands iphone has his Apple ID disabled. I already reset his password ***** success.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I changed his password ***** today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 3 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Which model iPhone does he have?

think its a 5

What you will need to do is restore the phone through recovery mode using iTunes. I can provide you the instructions how to do so, it will reset the phone to factory settings. If you backup to iCloud you can restore the phone.

I will need to know which model it is. On the phone go to.

• Open the Settings app.
  • Tap General.
  • Select About.

Tell me the model number.

I can't open it- goes to WiFi then apple id and password...that all I can get

OK, got it. I will provide you instructions on how to reset the phone through iTunes.

the itunes store did pop up once or twice today but i didn't use it to try and log in
I am leaving the session..thanks anyway. I powered it off then turned back on. I will keep trying.

You will not be able to get back the disabled option. Your only viable solution will be to do the reset with the instructions listed. ​

1. You will need to have latest version of iTunes installed on a PC. You can download it from iTunes.com
  2. After you have installed iTunes open the application on your PC.
  3. Turn off the iPhone by holding the on/off button at the top. Hold until slide to power off appears then turn off.
  4. Then hold the on/off button and home button down together at the same time. Do not let go until you see the iTunes logo at the bottom of the iPhone. You may have to hold both button for up to 1 minute.
  5. When the logo comes up, plug the iPhone to the PC with iTunes already open.
  6. On the iTunes screen you will get a prompt to restore, click restore.
  7. That will restore the phone to factory settings.
  8. After it completes then finish the setup of the phones.

Let me know the outcome and if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.