Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my Microsoft store password. Apple laptop…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my Microsoft store password

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Apple laptop computer

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Apple?

I have no idea what the model is. The OS is Safari I guess.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Safari I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

I have only used Microsoft store to order Office 365 last December. I tried a couple standard passwords when I needed to get back on to add our other computer, but I've lost whatever password ***** set up last December

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

To reset your Microsoft password ***** go here: https://account.live.com/password/reset

select, "I forgot my password *****" click Next

Enter the email address used for your Microsoft account and fill in the characters and click Next.

Select a recovery option.

A 7 digit password ***** will be sent to you either via text message, email or phone call depending on

the recovery option you select.

Fill in any required information and click Send Code.

The page will immediately change, asking you for the code. Do not close that page.

Enter the code when you receive it (you will have 10 minutes before the code expires)

and click Next.

You will then be asked to create a new password, entering it twice.

If successful, you will be told your account has been recovered.

You will now be able to sign in to Microsoft.

Let me know the result please.