Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am getting a "login" keychain password issue. I did not…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a "login" keychain password *****

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I did not change it. It jus appeared when I turned on the laptop

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but I cannot remember the password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all for the moment

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/25/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Keychain password ***** ***** your admin or login password ? Did you try that ? If that didn't work, then try your Apple ID or iCloud ID password. Also, try leaving the password ***** blank and hit OK.

If that didn't work, then you have to reset keychain database. Follow the steps below;

Shutdown your Mac. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Shift key on your keyboard for 20 seconds. This will boot into Safe Mode.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go to Apple menu > System Preferences and select iCloud. Scroll down in there and turn off Keychain if it is enabled there. If it is enabled, but doesn't allow you to disable it, then click Sign Out button there and sign out. If asked to delete or keep stuffs, select Keep. If you only see Delete, then click Delete or OK. It is OK, you can reconnect to iCloud later. This is very important step.

(If Keychain is disabled there already, then you can continue below without signing out from iCloud)

Once you did that, click on Finder icon on dock. In Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu at the top bar and select Library. In Library, open Keychain folder. You will see many files there in Keychain folder. Trash them all.

Restart your Mac in normal way. This will create a new keychain database.

Open Keychain Access from Applications > Utilities folder. Click on Keychain Access menu and select Preferences. Click Reset Keychain and do the reset. Then sign in back to iCloud.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.