Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iphone 5S that has been working fine until

I have an...

I have an iphone 5S that has been working fine until yesterday. I changed my laptop MacBook Air password ***** went to Settings on the iphone to correlate passwords. The Settings page dealing with "Accounts and passwords" is frozen. That happened when I used an incorrect password ***** tried to get back on that page but it froze. No other item on that page is responding and I can't even get off the page----only by going back to HOME. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably more than a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. What's that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

3/24/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the lock or home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn't work the first time, but after plugging in and repeating, it worked. But the same freeze has occurred again because I made an error typing in the password. NOW FROZEN AGAIN. Shall I repeat your trick?

Yes, please do. If it still happens we will try something else.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It worked this time. All is well. Many thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was worth the $25. Thank YouRichard Ries

You are very welcome!

When the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

I assume you mean you have no further questions? In that case, have a good day!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What an excellent service. John did handle my problems immediately with skill and patience and this was the fastest problem solve I ever experienced.

Thanks very much! I appreciate the kind words.

John T. F., Apple Consultant
John T. F., Apple Consultant