Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ive lost my apple password and icloud password help. Sence…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** ive lost my apple password ***** icloud password *****

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Sence ive had it about 5or6 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tryed but said wrone password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How about my email address you need it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple ID question.

The process of recovering your Apple ID password ***** ***** steps - the first is needed, if you have forgotten what your Apple ID is. (If not, you can skip to the second step.)

1.

To recover first your Apple ID, then its password ***** go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

2.
Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

(This may be done on any computer or smart device with internet and web page access.)
- If this answers your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer.com question page. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This device is not my computer but my ipad I did what you told me to do it still wont let me reset my id or password ***** side I cant use my email address because it is already used that the ive had al ready.

I think that error message indicates that you have tried to create a new Apple ID, rather than to find your existent Apple ID for sure (the first stage), then reset the password ***** that Apple ID to a known value (the second stage.)

Please try doing it according to my instructions... since an Apple ID is a networked function, you can (and should) do the process of finding and recovering/resetting, on a different device than on your iPad... unless you can log into it and use internet and web browser just fine, of course.

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert