Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I did my updates today put in a passcode and when I

Customer Question
I did my updates...

I did my updates today put in a passcode and when I reentered my passcode it is telling me it’s not correct and now I am locked out of my phone for 15 minutes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I did not change it I only had to put in my passcode it’s the one I have been using for a long time so I know it must be right

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I’m not sure how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No but thank you very much

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Apple passcode question.

I think that your passcode may have had a limited time during which it was valid, and your second attempted use of it may have been beyond that time limit.

I advise you to get another passcode issued. And, try using it within 1 to 14 minutes of when you receive it, to be sure it will be valid still.

Let me know if you need more information or advice, please, and I will help you further with this.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.